Vision and purpose
Our vision is to:
“Transform the health, wealth and wellbeing of our citizens through globally-leading personalised medicine and healthcare services, research, innovation and enterprise.”
To achieve our vision, we will
- improve the ability to prevent ill health, provide better choices to patients and deliver high quality care
- speed up the development and adoption of emerging personalised medicine and health innovations
- improve efficiency and use of health and care system resources
- develop new, world class research and innovation
- attract inward investment
- drive local, regional and national economic growth.
We will do this by identifying and exploring the health and care needs of our citizens. We will then match their needs with innovative technologies to develop bespoke solutions. By creating cross-sector partnerships and using real-world data, we will be able to evaluate the solutions more quickly, reducing the time it takes to embed these solutions as part of routine care.